Sunday, May 11, 2008

Danceidy Dance Dance

My modern dance show was this past weekend, and it went swimmingly. The second and third nights were notably better than the first, for me at least, but all in all I was happy with the outcome. Though I'd choreographed a lot before, this was my first piece of choreography done at college. That being said, I feel like modern dance and I might be taking a little break in the future. Not permanently, or even exclusively, but we might just have a bit of a separation for a while. I've been dancing modern and ballet since I was in 6th grade, and I have loved (almost!) every minute of it. However, that is a damn long time, and I'm ready to try other things as well. Like Ballroom! I'm really enjoying ballroom dance right now....it's so much fun, and so much more social than modern. I'm on the school team and its been a great way to meet people this semester. So yeah, I'm definitely continuing with that. :-)

No comments: