Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday Morning

I have three songs in my iTunes titled "Sunday Morning" (Ani Difranco, Maroon 5, No Doubt). Two of them (Ani and Maroon 5) were stuck in my head today, as I had multiple conversations about what Sundays meant to different people.

Some of the cons of Sundays, I have found:
Universal homework day. You realize how much more work you have to do.
Last day of the weekend--school is coming up again, and fast.
Cleaning up/sorting out stupid things you may have done the previous two nights.

Pros of Sundays:
Football. Or so I've been told.
PostSecret goes up for the new week.
Big, fat crossword puzzles you need your friends' help to solve.
Sunday nights can be some of the most relaxing, if you can get your stuff done.

------------------------------

"Sunday morning, slow beats seething, through the screens in the open windows
Eggs frying, legs shaking, after we stayed lying so long in bed
Sunday morning, both of us reading, and looking up occasionally
Looking up occasionally

Sunday morning, you're doing your thing and I am doing mine
Speaking words, more a formality, cuz we can feel we are of one mind
Sunday morning, sheets still warm, kitties swarming around our feet
Life comes easy, your sweet company, making it so complete

Of all the Monday through Fridays we joined the crusade
Of all the Saturday nights in which we were made
Of all the exorcisms I've done with your ghosts
Still it's Sunday morning--I miss you the most"
--Sunday Morning, Ani Difranco



No comments: