Thursday, May 20, 2010

Updates and hellos

I have been such a bad blogger. I should be relegated to blogger purgatory. *gulp* sorry!!

A quick update, because that seems like all I have time for...

I've been working my butt off to get some essays done a bit early, in preparation for my boyfriend to be here in six short days!!! Ya, I'm a bit excited. So that means I've written approximately 100,000 words over the past week, and still have about 25,000 to go, and damn does that get old fast.

Still had a bit of time to cook, though, so tonight I made some delicious homemade mac n cheese, which I'm eating as I type. Yes, even dinner seems like it has to be multitasked right now.

So lots of work + a bit of stress = low grade anxiety attacks throughout the day. Luckily, I am a champ at anxiety attacks after all these years, so I am totally kicking their butts. True story.

I was the subject of not one, not two, but three separate tourists' photos today. I was just working in a park on my laptop, and literally had three separate people come up to me, stand about 4 feet away, point cameras straight at me, and take a picture. It was kind of surreal. Now I'm in a few Japanese families' photo albums, though, so...that's fun.

There are still birds living in my chimney, they are still hooting at all hours of the day. Thankfully they seem to sleep through the night, though, so I appreciate that!

Alright, back to work. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Juli said...

Can you tell what kind of birds they are?

Lauren said...

No idea, but they make a very distinctive three-part hoot!