Thursday, April 17, 2008

Passover Shopping

I loaded up on Passover food at Trader Joe's today.

Things I am very happy I can have on Passover:
  • Trader Joe's brand white cheddar cheese popcorn. If you've never had this stuff, you are missing out. I could eat the whole bag in one sitting...not that I have...i mean...umm...yeah.
  • Trail mix. This round features super-tart dried cherries.
  • Rice. Thank god for Sephardim.
  • Instant-Thai tuna stuff, also from Trader Joe's. That's at least two Passover meals right there.
  • Fruit. Lots and lots and lots of fruit.
Bad things about Passover:
  • The fact that Trader Joe's had not bothered to order Matzah. Lame. Are there no Jews in Claremont?
  • The fact that the other 357 days of the year I am known by some (my parents) as the carbohydrate queen. Passover is quite a change.
I am, however, super-excited about going home for the first night of Passover to spend the Seder with my family. I'm bringing about 10 Pomona kids with me, too, some of whom have never been to a Seder, so that should be tons of fun.

Until then, its bread for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most people who know about Passover might be surprised to know that you eat popcorn (or any corn) on Passover. You can explain how the Spanish (Sephardic) jews don't ban corn and legumes the way Ashkenazi (Eastern European) jews do, and how through a modern miracle, we become Sephardi for a week every Passover. Otherwise, you'd really suffer for Pesach!