Sunday, March 7, 2010

Malvern Hills

Hot water is out throughout the building, so my room is sooo cold!

Went on a great hike with my group yesterday, through the Malvern Hills in Worcestershire. It was beautiful and so much fun! Possibly the best time I've had in Cambridge so far. There were some incredibly steep uphills which I did not enjoy at all (and can feel in my legs today), but other than that, it was great. Nice views, only slightly obscured by the cloudiness of it it all, fun conversation, lots of cute dogs running around the trails, and just a generally good time. We hiked about 10 miles in total, saw an Iron Age hill fort, went to the highest point in the hills, and ended up at a great little pub where we waited for our bus to come get us at the end of the day.

Going up! This was way steeper than it looks.
On the ridge of the hills:
I am very happy to be there, but it is also quite windy at the top.
Cows! Furry cows!
There were a couple of these great signposts throughout the hills.
A bit cloudy, but still some nice views.
And a relaxing drink at the pub at the end of the day.

3 comments:

Bee said...

Loved sharing your hike with you - and when I saw the mugs of ale sitting on the table surrounded by such a lovely warm glow, I could almost hear your big contented sigh. xoxo

Juli said...

Love it, love it! Tromping around English hills on a blustery day, furry cows, cozy pub and a beer: I must say it: Bliss!

Jeff/Dad said...

Love the commentary! What do you know about the differences between this area and the Lake District? That's where Mom and I are going to hike this summer with Country Walkers.