Sunday, April 26, 2009

Picking Classes

Picking classes....is not going fabulously. I feel as though the offerings for next semester are very much sub-par, as compared to the past four semesters I've been here. Hmm. Recession? Budget cuts? Coincidence? I don't know.

I DO know that I want to take Introduction to Religious Thought (a Christian/Jewish theological theory survey, with a great Professor I have this semester) and Problems of Philosophy with a Prof I've heard great things about. After that I have two more spots to fill, and I don't know if they should be taken up by Contemporary Issues: Women in Islam, Religious Ethics, Jewish Mysticism, Bioethics, or European Civilizations to 1350. 

Yes, it is pretty obvious I have a specific area of interest...oh well...thoughts?

1 comment:

Alana said...

Granted I'm a biology person and not a religious studies person, but I would have died if I had four classes of the same genre at once--even biology. I just can't stand being that one-track. So I vote for bioethics, mostly for some variety.

European civilizations pre-1350 would only be cool to me if most of it was about ancient Greece and Rome. I get really bored with Europe during the ~1000 years before the Renaissance. I mean really, did they do anything helpful or interesting? No. Just marched off to fight the Crusades. Which again, circles around to our problem of too much religious studies in one semester.