Friday, January 8, 2010

I made it!

I'm here, I have internet (which I totally didn't expect to have yet, and I am overjoyed that I do), I met up with my friends, I had dinner and my first (and second) real, legal beers at real English pubs, I found my room (but don't really feel like unpacking yet), I Skyped with my mother (yay! Thank god for the people who invented Skype, really!), and I'm going to try to get to bed soon. I'm most likely going to be jet-lagged, but I'll try my best to fight it. My room is cute--small, approximately the size of my room at school this past semester, but with a nice half-sized bay of windows overlooking a bus station and a park, and a boarded-up fireplace (which, despite being boarded-up, looks pretty cool and has a nice mantel on which I can put pictures and things).

Pictures of the room (and dorm, and town, and everything else!) will soon follow. It's been snowing here for a while (and snowed on us as we were walking to dinner--this LA girl was freaking out! hehe), so everything is covered in white. Beautiful, but I do miss my California sun. I've already had a small bout of homesickness, but I guess that is to be expected. Having internet helps so much, because I immediately feel more connected to everyone.

So, I should be off to bed. Goodnight, all, and I'll write again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Alana said...

When I traveled for a quarter, I was homesick the first day I was in England and the last few days I was in Peru. I think that's pretty normal for the ends of trips. Both times I was essentially alone and didn't know what to do with myself. Traveling tip: don't have no set plans and intend to "wander and see what you find" on major holidays. Everything is closed. (Remind me why I flew into London on Boxing Day again?)

love you!