Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jet-lag? What jet-lag?

Sooooo, I used to kind of think jet-lag was a myth.....yeah, not so much anymore. It is 8:43 in the morning here, and I've been awake for 2 hours. I went to bed around 1:30 local time, and I'm not tired enough to get back to bed, so looks like I'll be working off of 5 hours of sleep. Fun times. I'm feeling ok, though, and I'll just force myself to stay awake until a reasonable time tonight and then crash and hopefully reset by tomorrow! Also, my bed sucks. My back is killing me after 5 hours of sleeping on it. I'm going to try to find a Tempurpedic mattress topper (or something like that) today and maybe even a better pillow to take the edge off of it. I'm sure it'll be fine, though!

In a couple of hours, we meet with our liaison/professor/coordinator for an info session and a tour of Cambridge. I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing here and am looking forward to feeling more clued-in. Hopefully I'll also get my phone set up today as well. I think I might get back in bed and try to fall asleep for a little bit...then it's wake up, shower, and start my day. Starting will, of course, immediately involve coffee. :) Lots and lots of coffee.

No comments: