Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Halloween

Yes, I know that it is only September 16th, but in my book it is never to early to start thinking about Halloween costumes!
This year, I really want to be someone from Alice in Wonderland, but I want to make/piece together my own costume, not buy one of those tacky mail-order super-slutty numbers.
Alice herself would be nice.

I'd need a blue circle dress, white apron, white petticoat, white tights (but it will be super-hot in the party...it was an inferno last year, so maybe white knee socks instead), and a black ribbon for my hair.
Or, maybe the white rabbit.

That one, of course, wouldn't be quite as litteral. Rabbit ears, some sort of black and red card-themed ensemble, an oversized pocket watch, etc.
Then, there's the Queen of Hearts.

That could be quite cool. A red, white, black and yellow ensemble with an emphasis on heart-suit cards. And, I have a cool red corset-type shirt thing that would be quite awesome.
And then there's the rouge costume entry, Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas.

I've wanted to be Sally for Halloween for a loooong time, but the costume has always seemed very daunting and time-intensive. Basically, I'd have to buy some sort of shift-dress from a Goodwill or something and a whole bunch of fabric scraps and just start sewing. She's so cool, though...
All I know is I don't want to end up looking like one of these girls, which is what you find when you look around online. Oy vey.



So yeah, any thoughts anyone? Any ideas? I'd love the input!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cute Girl. No ideas for costumes, although yours sound good. But your ever-vigilant father/spelling-nazi would like to point out that the word I think you want is "rogue," not "rouge" (which is a different word).

Love you!

Dad

Anonymous said...

God, I love a young woman with scruples! Yay to you for not wanting to do the purchased slutty costume thing. I vote for Sally, cuz you've wanted to do it for a while, and no matter how messy you make the stitches, it can only look better! Also is your spell check on? Rouge is makeup; rogue is apart form the crowd. xoxo