Wednesday, September 3, 2008

This Blog Isn't Dead...

It's just sleeping.

I'm too tired/disorganized right now to write a fully fleshed-out narrative of what is going on in my life at this current moment, but I am fully in capable of the following outline:

People are breaking rocks on the floor above me. I think it is for Geology. wtf?
Classes are good. Biology, Gender and Society; Intro to Gender and Women's Studies; The Holy Fool; The Bible as Literature; Beginning Latin Dance; Advanced Latin Dance; Beginning Standard Dance.
I went to the gym today for the grand total of my third time ever. R took me, which is nice, since she goes on a regular basis and is sort of like a kick-your-butt alarm clock for me. I was blechy about going in the first place but felt so good once I was there/afterwards. That being said, my gym experiences remind me of a How I Met Your Mother episode in which one caracter, Robin, says she loves working out because everyone is gross and sweaty and not trying to impress anyone. She then shows up to the gym in what her friends describe as "lesbian prison gaurd" attire to find a room full of cute-yet-sportily-skimpy-outfitted girls. Yeah, I kind of felt like that. Not to mention, I was almost out of the dorm before R pointed out I was wearing flip-flops.... I mean, my entire working out experience thus far has been barefoot or in dance shoes wearing sweatpants or a leotard and tights....forgive me, I'm new to this. :-)
Things with S are tentative and difficult, but we are continually working towards our mutal goal: a happy, stable friendship.
My sponsees (and the other kids on my hall) are fabulous, adorable, engaging, and awesome. I couldn't be happier with them.
That being said, I am worried about growing apart from all of the amazing friends I made last year...just because they're not physically close (ie, in the room just down the hall) doesn't mean I shouldn't suck it up and put in the extra effort to go see them. They're worth it. Now I just need to get my butt in gear.
I had a minor freak-out about Study Abroad today (wtf?? It is way to early to be worring about this, my rational brain says. Shut up, my irrational side retorts...worring is something you do best!). I have my first choice, Israel on a non-school program in the Fall, followed by my second choices, either Scotland or Greece on a school program in the Fall. Either way, I want it to be in the Fall and I want to have fun. I think I can do it.
I also am rethinking my major/wondering what career options I have in front of me. This is all far to overwhelming for me to be thinking about right now, but I think its a pretty standard pattern with me that when I'm freaking out about one thing, I freak out about everything. At least I'm aware of it, and mostly able to deal. :-)
I have some intense 17th century reading to do, so I should probably get on that. Until next time!

No comments: