Monday, February 15, 2010

Food, glorious food

Meal planning is more difficult than previously expected! (Mom, I totally understand what you go through now. I'm sorry for any time I ever complained about dinner! You are an amazing cook and I am so lucky to have (begun to) learn from you!). I feel like I'm running out of ideas...luckily, the internet is a wonderful place and a couple of quick Google searches can give me some good inspiration. The main problem is that my fridge is tiny, so I can't buy much in advance. I'm pretty much grocery shopping every couple of days, which gets a little annoying, but its not that bad.

So, tonight I think I'm going to try my hand at pan-fried salmon, mashed potatoes, and broccoli, and make enough to have leftovers for tomorrow. The salmon I think I can handle, but I don't have a lid to my frying pan, which will maybe make it more difficult (?) to cook evenly without drying it out. I also don't have any fancy masher-thingies, so I'll be doing the potatoes with a fork and some elbow grease. As for the broccoli, I've got that down. :-) Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Juli said...

Luck! You can do it! (You can up-end a china bowl over the salmon to make do as a lid.) xxoo