Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Little things

Today has, so far, been a day of lovely little delights.

First, I went to go get a coffee at the shop right next to my dorm, and when I walked up to the counter, the barista started making my drink before I even ordered it. "Americano, right? Cream, no sugar?" Yes! Awesome. I think the day that a barista remembers your order by looking at you has got to be one of the better moments in a coffee lover's career. :)

Then I walked all the way across town to the library to return a book, and when I was walking back I came across a veritable gaggle of British school children (couldn't have been older than kindergarten or first grade) walking down the street in pairs, holding hands, all in matching blue jackets, with a bunch of teachers and aids around them. I died of cuteness overload.

I also stopped for a lovely lemon and sugar crepe from a street vendor, and had a nice little conversation with her about studying abroad.

And, of course, in an hour, I'll be off to the train station, and then the airport, and then Barcelona!

I'll be there 'til Saturday, but maybe I'll get a chance to update from the hostel. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Alana said...

Hailey, my Starbucks-barista-roommate, says that she knows the drink order and/or name of a couple hundred people who come into her store. Now that's crazy impressive.

Glad you found yourself a good barista, dear. And I had no clue you drank americanos!