Saturday, February 6, 2010

On coffee shops and colds

Still sick! Go away, cold!

Speaking of cold, though, it was positively warm here yesterday!! And by warm, I mean like 45 degrees. It was lovely. I celebrated by wearing a jacket instead of a coat. Whoohoo!

I also found a great new coffee/tea/food spot yesterday. I'm silly and forgot to check what its name as, but it was on a great street called Kings Parade that is where the older, more pictureesque colleges are. I got an individual pot of tea (2 full cups worth) for just 1.50 pounds, which is great. Also, they had a full breakfast and lunch menu, and lots of pastries and other good stuff which I fully intend to go back and try. And, as always, great people watching. A problem I've been encountering with the coffee shops here is that they are SO small that I feel like I can't really stay for longer than 40 minutes or so before I start getting glares from the baristas to clear out and make room for another customer. This place, though, had enough space so that I didn't feel hustled out, so I was able to sit with my book for a while and just read. I've also worked out a system where I sit at one shop near my dorm for a while with a cup of coffee, and then sometimes walk over to another nearby shop for my second cup, thus doubling the time I can sit and read! Kind of silly, but it works.

Now, on to continuing my second Philosophy of Art essay. Wish me luck!

No comments: